Friday, November 12, 2010

Cafe Mocha

Located at 2nd Ave. and 7th St., Cafe Mocha is the single most convenient place for me to go for coffee before class. It is one block from Cooper Square, for any New Yorkers who have obligations there.

It took me a long time to make it in there because:
a) it is sort of dark and scary-looking and
b) it is also kind of a restaurant.

But, lured in by the promise of cheap brunch and the name "Cafe," I finally made it in here-- and now I'm practically a regular (at least, as close to one as a coffee-player like me can get). Cafe Mocha serves a quality cup of java, and they even do that thing with the lattes where they draw you pictures in it. It's pretty cute. What's more, they have a pretty comprehensive selection of pastries. And they make smoothies! For real! There are a lot of options here, which is part of why this place is so great.

But I think the main selling point for me-- and maybe this is kind of cheesy-- is the friendliness of the atmosphere. These are the most attentive and smiley baristas I have ever had the fortune to meet. They will tell you they like your coat; volunteer discounts; generally radiate a goodwill toward man. ALL OF THEM. If someone told me these people piss mochas and shit cupcakes, it would not entirely shock me. They are probably all immigrants from Candyland. It is that serious.

Plus also they have a student discount.


4.3/5 mugs of battery acid (in a good way!!!)

ETA: The brunch is fantastic, no lie. Biggest mug of coffee ever and pretty fabulous French toast. Check it out next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment